- The primary responsibility of the Business Development Coordinator (BDC) is to keep sales team members in front of prospects and customers for meaningful sales conversations.
- The BDC maintains complete awareness of all the initiatives on which the Sr. Account Manager is working and plans the Account Manager’s time to maximize the yield on their limited capacity.
- A BDC works closely with the Account Management team members to help achieve the internal workload which consists of contracts, updating CRM (Salesforce), scheduling appointments and calls, etc.
- A BDC works closely with a Campaign Coordinator from marketing whose job it is to provide leads for follow up by the BDC. After following up with the lead, the BDC then determine the appropriate resource to engage in support of the lead’s interests.
- A BDC works with Customer Service Representatives to handle customer orders and issues, as well as provide quotes, contracts, amendments.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to management when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Expertise & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Development Coordinator or similar support role.
- Experience in the Telecommunications Industry with an understanding of Cloud based communications, SIP trunking, for the enterprise and Contact Center market.
- Proficient in Microsoft functions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as Salesforce, Webex, and Cisco WebexTeams.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to accommodate travel when needed
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Positive, professional attitude
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Quality- and customer-service driven to consistently delight customers