I. Our Commitment to Privacy
II. The Information We Collect
The Site is intended to provide a unique, educational, and informational experience for Users without requiring them to submit any more Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") than is necessary to use the Site effectively. We do not require Users to register or submit PII in order to visit the Site. Some activities on the Site can be performed without providing PII. When we ask for PII to participate in an activity, we will not require anyone to disclose more PII than we believe is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity. We collect the following categories of information from our Users:
- your name, address, phone number(s), company name e-mail address, and/or country
- PII you provide about yourself when you send us an e-mail.
You can choose not to provide us with certain PII, but then you may not be able to take advantage of all of the services and products offered on the Site.
- B. Passive Gathering of Information Electronically
- Cookies During the course of any visit to the Site, the pages you see, along with something called a "cookie," are downloaded to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. These cookies do not contain or collect any PII, but they do enable us to provide features such as personalization. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to limit or prevent cookies. Cookies in themselves do not personally identify the individual user, but rather the computer used by the individual user. Users may have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. Different browsers may address cookies differently. If you set your browser to not accept cookies, it may result in certain personalized services not being provided to users of that computer.
- Web Beacons A web beacon is a transparent image file. Web beacons enable IntelePeer to track website usage information, such as the number of times a given web page has been viewed. Web beacons are invisible to you and (unlike cookies) are not placed on your computer. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of the Site.Web beacons also may be used to track whether you have opened an HTML email. When the email is opened, a part of the code that makes up the HTML page calls a web server to load the web beacon which then generates a record showing that the email has been viewed. Web Beacons may also recognize when the email was opened, how many times it was forwarded and which URL's (links within the email) were clicked. We do NOT use web beacons to collect or otherwise record any type of PII provided by or about any User.
- C. E-mail CommunicationsWhen you send an e-mail to IntelePeer, we may retain your e-mail address and the contents of the e-mail you send.
III. How We Use Information
When you provide us with your PII, we may use such information for a number of purposes, including:
- To facilitate communication between IntelePeer and Users including, without limitation, responding to Users questions or comments, sending e-mails concerning our products and services, including the IntelePeer Newsletter, or to contact you for feedback regarding us, advertisers or business partners.
- To provide Users with important functionality changes to the Site, new IntelePeer services and special offers from IntelePeer and reputable third parties that we think you will find valuable
- To customize, analyze, adjust and improve the Site to meet our Users', advertisers' or business partners' needs and expectations;
- To enforce our agreements with you, prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, for other legally permissible purposes and generally to ensure that we comply with applicable laws;
IV. Disclosure of Information To Third Parties
IntelePeer may give, share, sell or trade your PII to or with any third parties under the following circumstances:
- A. Fulfillment of Services We may retain other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, companies that help to administer the IntelePeer accounts, surveys, email newsletter or promotional activities, shipping companies that deliver products, third party advertisers or promotional partners who provide a product or service to you, customer support specialists, web hosting and internet service companies, and data analysis firms. Such third parties may be provided with access to PII needed to perform their functions but may not use such information for any other purpose.
- C. Sale or Transfer of Information In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of IntelePeer or the Site, PII and/or other information collected about you from the Site may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of IntelePeer or the Site in order to permit the party to continue the operation of IntelePeer and/or the Site or any successor version of the Site. You consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
V. IntelePeer Newsletter
If you choose to subscribe to our Newsletter, we will collect your email address and share it with our email vendor for delivery of the Newsletter. In each email you receive, there will be a link to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive the Newsletter.
VI. Important Disclosures, Practices and Contact Information
- A. Third Party Links and Third Party Advertisements The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such websites, which may differ from those of IntelePeer. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these web sites before providing any information to them.
- B. Data Security We maintain a variety of commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, we use industry accepted tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.You should be aware, however, that IntelePeer has no control over the security of other websites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those websites from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your PII.We want you to feel confident using the Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take commercially reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your PII, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es) we have on record for you. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's Web site at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
- C. ChildrenThe Site is restricted to Users and not intended for persons under the age of 18. IntelePeer does not knowingly market to, or solicit information, accept service or collect information from any person under the age of 18. If we become aware that any person submitting information to a Site is under the age of 18, we will attempt to delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. We require that only persons 18 years of age or older use the Site. By using the Site, you hereby represent that you are at least 18 years old.